Professional Learning Communities
- Global Education Certificate Workgroup - Open to teachers who are willing to work on increasing the global competence in their content curriculum and mentor students through completion of the Academy Global Education Certificate. We would meet once a month. Contact Leslie Blaha if you're interested in joining the group!
- Generation Global - Your students will shape the future! And they will do it in a world of relentless change and diversity. Rondai Ravilious is the contact teacher for MBHS.
- Students for Global Responsibility - A school club run by International Studies and Law Academy Lead Teacher, Kevin Moose and Academy Coordinator, Leslie Blaha.
- One Blair - A school club run by Kevin Shindel with the goal of increasing awareness and respect of cultural diversity and providing students with a platform to discuss cultural differences. OneBlair is a student-led organization designed to make the school more inclusive by hosting dialogues, speakers and events on timely topics that break down social barriers.
Professional Development Opportunities
Stay tuned for some exciting workshops and opportunities to connect with other teachers and students interested in global education! To be added to Blair's Global Education Workgroup, please contact Leslie Blaha at Leslie_V_Blaha@mcpsmd.org.
- Know My World - Professional development courses for purchase and digital-exchange experiences for teachers
- One World Capstone Program - The Capstone is a college-prep course that takes a deeper dive into each program stage, preparing students to present their work through a variety of writing and presentation formats while integrating technology.
Family and Community Partnerships
- World Affairs Council Global Certificate - Marymount University and The World Affairs Council – Washington, DC (WAC-DC) are developing in an affordable Graduate Certificate – Global Education program to prepare high school and university educators with the tools, skills, critical thinking and core competencies necessary to acquire the informed global perspectives essential to bringing specialist global education teaching into their classrooms.
- One World Education - One World Education partners with school districts, charter networks, and individual schools to improve research, writing, and presentation skills for middle and high school students. Its signature One World Program is a theme-based learning experience with four stages: student exemplar analysis, research, writing, and presentation. The program increases content knowledge and leverages student ideas and solutions about self-chosen topics to engage learners and advance skills critical for college and career success.