What Does a Global Education Classroom Look Like?
Teachers and students using technology to enhance learning and empower students
Empathy and Reflection on Cultural Diversity
College and Career Readiness
- Teachers for Global Classrooms Program - The Teachers for Global Classrooms Program (TGC) is a year-long, fully funded professional development opportunity for US elementary, middle, and high school teachers to become leaders in global education. Global education is integral to building 21st century skills, and teachers are the greatest resource to empower students as global citizens. TGC equips teachers to bring an international perspective to their schools through targeted training, experience abroad, and global collaboration.
- Global Learning Fellowship - The NEA Foundation recognizes that in order for students to prepare for the global age, the educator must first be equipped with the knowledge, skills and disposition needed to teach in the global age. By participating in the Global Learning Fellowship program, educators have an opportunity to lead the profession by acquiring the necessary skills to integrate global competence into their daily classroom instruction, advance pedagogy in their school/district, prepare students to thrive in the flattened global age, and thus contribute to the closing of the global achievement gap.
- Mobile Schools - MedLife's Mobile School program aims to provide greater resources to low-income communities through the provision of educational workshops and legal counsel. In addition, volunteers participate in a cultural exchange with community members, providing support and learning about current educational issues in Peru.
- World Savvy Global Competence Teaching Certificate - The Global Competence Certificate (GCC) is the first-of-its-kind, graduate-level certificate program in global competence education for teachers. Developed by leading experts in global education - Teachers College, Columbia University; World Savvy, and Asia Society - the GCC program is designed specifically for in-service educators who are interested in embedding global learning into their teaching practice and preparing their students for the global reality beyond the classroom.
- Know My World Professional Development Certificate - Know My World Professional Development Exchanges educate teachers in planning, developing and managing digital cross-cultural projects. Through coaching and support from a Know My World Educational Coordinator, teachers develop a skill set to create their own effective digital cross-cultural exchange experiences for the classroom.